Di Meglio looking forward to strong battle in Jerez
Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider Mike di Meglio is expecting a hectic and exciting battle from the fifth row of the grid when round two of the FIM Enel MotoE World Cup kicks off in Jerez tomorrow morning.
- Record track temperatures that peaked at over 60 degrees meant conditions during the E-Pole session could not have been more demanding for man and machine at the Circuito de Jerez-Angel Nieto this afternoon.
- Di Meglio quickly regained his confidence and consistent rhythm in FP3 this morning after a crash denied him crucial track time yesterday afternoon.
- The Frenchman’s priority in FP3 was finding the optimum front and rear set-up to launch a strong attack in E-Pole.
- Rather than chasing a fast lap time this morning he also decided to concentrate on adapting to a more aggressive riding style.
- E-Pole started with ambient temperature nudging close to a scorching 40 degrees and di Meglio was able to post a best lap time of 1:49.525.
/// MIKE DI MEGLIO: 13th, 1:49.525
“I am ready to give my maximum and fight for the top 10”
“It was a hard E-Pole for me. I tried to push as hard as I could but the lap time just wouldn’t come. It feels strange because this morning I felt much more comfortable and I could make the times quite easy. It is not going to be an easy race but I am ready to give my maximum and fight hard to reach the top 10.”