Elf Marc VDS Racing Team celebrates milestone 200th Grand Prix
Sunday’s Moto2 race at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya marked an incredibly proud and important moment in the history of the Elf Marc VDS Racing Team.
- Formed in 2010 to compete in the inaugural Moto2 World Championship with Scott Redding and Hector Faubel, the Catalunya race was the team’s landmark 200th Grand Prix.
- The Elf Marc VDS Racing Team has been a mainstay of the intermediate category for the last 11 years and is the most successful in Moto2 history with three world titles secured in 2014, 2017 and 2019.
- During its success-laden spell in Moto2, the Elf Marc VDS Racing Team as accumulated an impressive total of 38 victories, 111 podiums and 46 poles.
- The squad also had the pleasure of racing in MotoGP, Moto3 and the FIM Enel MotoE World Cup in its long and distinguished history.
- It became the first Independent Team to win in MotoGP in a decade when Jack Miller won at Assen in 2016 and won once in the MotoE World Cup with Mike Di Meglio. Its global figures are 40 victoires, 117 podiums and 47 poles.
- A total of 18 riders have been honoured to wear the instantly recognisable Elf Marc VDS Racing livery including Tito Rabat, Franco Morbidelli and Alex Marquez when they were crowned Moto2 World Champion.
- The star-studded list also features Hector Faubel, Scott Redding, Mika Kallio, current MotoGP World Champion Joan Mir, Jack Miller, Tom Luthi, Xavi Vierge, Mike di Meglio, Livio Loi, Jorge Navarro and current riders Sam Lowes and Augusto Fernandez. Nicky Hayden, Hiroshi Aoyama and Stefan Bradl also appeared for the team.
/// MARC VAN DER STRATEN, Team Owner:
“We are happy and proud of what we have achieved”
“Reaching the 200th Grand Prix milestone makes me extremely proud. Not only because of it is a great achievement but also because of how we have reached it. From our first appearance on the grid in 2010 until today, we have tried to be faithful to our team philosophy, our way of understanding motorcycling and team work, which has always been based on excellence and the culture of effort. Throughout these 200 Grand Prix we have lived great experiences and reaped the rewards of a job well done in the form of numerous podiums, victories and three World Championships. Many people have accompanied us along the way: magnificent riders, impeccable professionals, loyal sponsors and the best fans in the world. Without all of them we would not be where we are. We are happy and proud of what we have achieved but, more importantly, we are looking forward to continue adding chapters to our fantastic story.”