Estrella Galicia Team 0.0 Marc VDS completes intense test in Austria
Alex Márquez and Xavi Vierge completed a productive day of official testing at the Red Bull Ring where they evaluated new parts and some evolutions for 2020.
- The team that finds itself at the head of the Moto2 World Championship was back to work at the Austrian track on Monday for an official one-day test that was carried out under clear skies and warm temperatures.
- The test proved to be an excellent opportunity for Alex Márquez and Xavi Vierge to test a variety of news parts, some of which could feature on the 2020 bike.
- Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS now heads to Great Britain where the 12th Grand Prix of the year takes place at the Silverstone circuit next week.
- In order to further optimise the performance of his Kalex chassis, Alex Márquez tested several new parts aimed at improving his feel with the rear of the bike.
- The #73 also spent many laps evaluating a new front tyre that Dunlop brought for riders to test with the 2020 season in mind.
- In the afternoon, Alex tried a chassis evolution aimed at giving Kalex more information for next year’s motorcycle.
“We found some interesting things for the rest of the year”
“It’s been a positive day of testing. We found some interesting things for the rest of the year. The main objective was to go into the last Grand Prix of the year in even better shape than we were in, so it’s been good. We also tried out different development directions to follow next year. I think we’ve been able to provide good information to Kalex and they know where to go to try to improve the bike for 2020. We’re ready and looking forward to the races that are coming up in the next part of the season.”
- Xavi Vierge and his team focussed on working on the geometry of the bike, mainly at the rear end, to improve his feeling and traction on corner exit.
- Braking was another aspect on which Xavi Vierge focussed during this day of testing.
- As well as testing some new parts, Xavi also worked with the new Dunlop tyres.
“We found some really positive results”
“There was no better way to get over the disappointment of yesterday than to get on the bike this morning. I'm very happy. We went well at this track all weekend so we tried several things and found some really positive results. I did a longer run and was posting a very competitive pace so I’m happy to have been able to take advantage of this day. Now I’m really looking forward to Silverstone.”