Last MotoE test ends before Sachsenring debut
Completing both qualifying and race simulations have been the successful conclusion to a positive test for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider Mike di Meglio.
- The Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo hosted three productive test days to prepare for the premiere of the FIM Enel MotoE World Cup, which is scheduled for the German Grand Prix.
- The test consisted of five free practice sessions, a one-lap qualifying session called E Pole, and a seven-lap mock race.
- Di Meglio qualified ninth in E Pole after setting a personal best time of 1:42.234, which was just over a second-and-a-half behind pole setter Hector Garzó.
- In a tight race, di Meglio crossed the line in eighth place, just 4.821 seconds behind simulation winner Granado.
- Satisfied with the work done and with clear ideas on the points to improve, the MotoE part of Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS bids farewell to Valencia and heads to Germany’s Sachsenring to join the Moto2 squad on the first weekend in July.
Mike Di Meglio:
“I think we've worked well and managed to make a constant progression”
“I think we've worked well and managed to make a constant progression. We're starting to have a pretty clear direction to follow with this bike. We tried a lot of things and we didn't stop moving forward. It's a very sensitive machine that responds immediately to any change that is made, so you must be careful and be precise in the modifications of adjustments to avoid getting lost. Overall it was a positive test and the times are quite tight. It's true that I didn't take the risks that I would take in a real race but without doubt the experience we've gained these days will be very useful for Sachsenring.”