Márquez and Vierge ready to give everything in the second half of the World Championship
To maintain the lead in the World Championship and to continue working at the highest level is the objective of Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS, as it faces the final part of the season with confidence.
- The second half of the World Championship starts with a powerful double in the Czech Republic and Austria. Brno is the first track where the riders of Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS will fight to be among the fastest.
- Working to maintain his advantage in the World Championship is the task for Alex Márquez and reaching the podium the objective for Xavi Vierge when the Team lands in the Czech Republic.
- The Grand Prix of the Czech Republic is a historic circuit and attracts a lot of fans every year. The 2019 race marks 54 years of racing in Brno of which 32 have taken place on current track that since 1987 has remained virtually unchanged.
- Starting from his first pole position of the year, Alex Márquez won the Grand Prix of Germany after a masterful race in which he crossed the finish line with a 1.2 second advantage.
- After winning at Sachsenring, Alex regained the lead in the Moto2 class. He has 136 points, which is eight more than closest rival Tom Lüthi.
- In 2018, Alex Márquez did not finish the race in Brno. He started second and fought for the front places but he fell with ten laps to go.
- The best result on the Czech track came in 2017 when he crossed the finish line in second place.
“I'm strong, I've trained a lot and worked very well”
“We arrive in Brno after a few days of rest and a fantastic result at Sachsenring, which was a track that had not treated me very well in the past. I'm doing very well heading into the second half of the World Championship. I'm strong, I've trained a lot and worked very well. I'm really looking forward to it. We will have to be very focused as we start with a double header. Brno is a circuit that I like and that I haven't been bad at in the past, so the aim will be to work on the same line as we did in the first nine races and fight for the podium.
- Xavi Vierge starred in a great weekend in Germany but unfortunately could not reap the fruits of the work done because he crashed after a touch caused by Tom Lüthi.
- Brno is a track that Xavi Vierge has done well at in the past. In 2018, he finished in fifth place after a great race. It is the best result that the Catalan driver has obtained in Brno.
- The number 97 currently occupies 12th position in the overall standings with 39 points.
- The great work and performance that Xavi is demonstrating in the last Grand Prix allows the Catalan rider to face the second half of the World Championship with confidence and optimism.
“I'm calm because I know that things are being done well”
“Brno is a circuit I like very much. From the first time I rode there I felt very good, enjoying myself and getting good results. I really want to start the second half of the World Championship and this is a good track to do it. During the first half of the World Championship we worked well and we were fast, but we didn't get the results we needed. I'm calm because I know things are going well.”
. Length: 5403 metres
. Width: 15 metres
. Curves: 14 (8 to the right; 6 to the left)
. Longest straight: 636 metres
. Direction of traffic: Clockwise
. Race distance: 19 laps
. Last winner: Miguel Oliveira
Grand Prix Schedule (mainland time):