Mixed start to second Jerez encounter for di Meglio
Baking hot temperatures greeted Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS in Jerez today, as practice got underway for the second round of the 2020 FIM Enel MotoE World Cup.
- It was a day of contrasting fortunes for Mike di Meglio ahead of the inaugural Andalucia GP, with a promising start in FP1 followed by a difficult afternoon session.
- The Frenchman ended the two 30-minute sessions in ninth position on the combined standings after his hopes of a strong challenge in FP2 were ended by a fall.
/// MIKE DI MEGLIO: 9th, 1:48.844, 9 laps
- Di Meglio started the action in FP1 by instantly capitalising on the momentum gained from a rousing fightback from last position into the top 10 in last Sunday’s six-lap season opener.
- A lap of 1:48.844 on just his third lap put him in eighth position and he was confident that further set-up modifications would greatly enhance his prospects of a top six bid this afternoon.
- But di Meglio’s session ended in premature fashion when he crashed unhurt at the second corner, which meant he didn’t get to complete a timed lap in FP2.
“I am confident we can bounce back strongly tomorrow”
“This morning we were able to immediately improve compared to last weekend and that was a very positive start. I felt good on the bike and this afternoon I wanted to try a simulation for E-Pole, but I crashed in the second corner. It was a very strange crash and I didn’t feel like I was close to the limit. I am confident we can bounce back strongly tomorrow.”