Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS ready for MotoE World Championship debut
The Sachsenring circuit hosts the launch of the pioneering FIM Enel MotoE World Cup on Sunday. Mike Di Meglio and Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS have worked hard to take on the challenge with maximum motivation.
- The FIM Enel MotoE World Cup will have six races divided into four Grand Prix. In Germany and Austria there will be only one race, while in Misano and Valencia there will be two races per event.
- This pioneering competition has the participation of 12 teams and 18 riders.
- Mike Di Meglio is the rider who wears the colours of Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS, with Raúl Calzado and Jonathan Rodríguez at his side in the garage.
- On Friday there will be two Free Practice sessions of 30 minutes. On Saturday will be the E-Pole, which is a qualifying session decided by a one-lap shootout for each rider, and on Sunday there will be the first race of the MotoE World Championship.
Mike Di Meglio:
- The French rider currently combines his participation in the FIM Enel MotoE World Cup with the FIM Endurance World Championship.
- The 2008 125cc World Champion returns to competition four years after leaving the MotoGP World Championship.
- Sporting the number 63,dDi Meglio has demonstrated his talent and ability to make excellent progress in each of the testing sessions that have taken place during the pre-season.
- Mike knows what it's like to win at Sachsenring. He did it in 2008 when he was in the 125cc class, which is the year he went onto clinch the title.
“The goal is to finish in the top three”
“I have good feelings about this new challenge. In testing I had a good rhythm and in the last test in Valencia we found some adjustments that helped me feel better on the bike. I'm happy to make my debut at Sachsenring. It is a track that I like and it will be interesting to ride here with the electric bike, as it will require very technical riding. The objective for this first race, and for the whole season, is to finish in the top three, so we will have to be very concentrated. I'm very motivated and looking forward to starting this new challenge.”
Joan Olivé, Team Manager
“We're very happy with Mike's performance and evolution”
“We are eager to begin this new adventure. It is a great challenge for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS to participate in the birth of a new era of motorcycling. We are very happy with the performance and evolution of Mike di Meglio. He enjoys and feels good riding this bike. He has done a good pre-season and is also getting good results in the endurance championship. He is prepared and in very good shape and that is key when it comes to taking on a challenge like this.”
Length: 3671 metres
Width: 12 metres
Curves: 13 (3 on the right and 10 on the left)
Direction of circulation: Anti-Clockwise
Longest straight: 700 metres
Weekend hours (mainland time):
FP1: 11h50 (30 minutes)
FP2: 16:50 (30 minutes)