Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS says goodbye to Jerez with positive feelings
Augusto Fernández finished the first official test of the season with a race simulation during which the Majorcan rider was very consistent.
- Sun and warm temperatures welcomed the riders on Friday in what was the final day of official testing in Jerez de la Frontera.
- Augusto Fernández took part in the first two sessions of the day completing a total of 44 laps. Across the three days, the #37 posted a whopping total of 194 laps.
- Fernandez ended his on-track running with a best time over the three days of testing of a 1:41.273.
- In the second session, the Majorcan completed an intense 21-lap race simulation in which he was posted consistent times that ranged between 1.41 high and 1.42 low.
- Thus, Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS says goodbye to Jerez in a positive frame of mind and clear ideas about the set-up path to follow.
- The team now heads to Qatar the last official preseason test will take place next week before the start of the competition on March 9 at the Losail International Circuit.
/// AUGUSTO FERNÁNDEZ, 15th, 1:41,273, 44 laps
“I finished testing very happy and with good feelings. It’s been three days of hard work after which we could tell that we are on the right track. Now we know what line to follow moving forward. Today we did a very productive race simulation that helped us understand many things. We tried some time attacks as well, but that wasn’t our priority because we agreed that establishing a good base set-up was our main priority. We still have three days of testing in Qatar to go. There we will continue working in the same direction so we arrive at the first race in the best shape possible.”