Di Meglio feeling competitive ahead of second Misano fight
Mike Di Meglio ended Friday with the eighth fastest time and is aiming for an excellent Epole performance after experimenting with bike set up on Friday at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.
- In the morning the 2008 125cc World Champion spent the weekend’s first free practice session with the same set-up as last Sunday’s race to evaluate the track conditions.
- The rider from Toulouse was immediately posting competitive times and ended the morning session with a 1:43.873, 0.4s off the quickest rider.
- For FP2 his Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS crew made some modifications to his Energica Ego Corsa machine, including changes to the geometry and the rear suspension. Di Meglio eventually improved his FP1 time by 0.29s.
- Mike ended the day eighth on the combined free practice standings, his 1:43.587 lap just 0.1s slower than his fastest time from last weekend.
- In changes to the MotoE grid format, Saturday’s EPole will determine the grid for race one only. The grid for the second race, which will be held on Sunday, will be determined by race one results.
/// MIKE DI MEGLIO, 8th, 1’43.587, 15 laps
“I can make my lap times alone”
“It was a good day. We started well this morning. In the afternoon we tried a different set up in the first exit. It was not a good way. In the second exit we tried another setting and it wasn’t bad! Still I need to make up some time to the front guys but I can make my lap times alone. What is important is the Epole tomorrow and to start at the front. If we can do that I am sure we can have a nice race!”