Di Meglio misses top six chance in Misano MotoE battle
The opening race of an FIM Enel MotoE World Cup double header in San Marino ended in disappointing fashion for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider Mike di Meglio this afternoon.
- The fourth race of the 2020 FIM Enel MotoE World Cup started in pleasant ambient temperatures of 26 degress this afternoon and optimism was high that di Meglio could repeat the fantastic podium challenge he mounted in Misano last weekend.
- The one lap E-Pole showdown took place earlier and di Meglio was able to qualify in the middle of the third row of the grid after setting a personal best time of 1:43.845.
- The Frenchman finished only 0.7s away from the victory in the seven-lap encounter last weekend but ambitions that he would be a main protagonist again today were unfortunately ended by an early mistake.
- Pushing hard to keep himself in early contention with the lead group, di Meglio slid out at the final corner on the opening lap.
- Under new rules implemented for the first time this weekend, riders not classified in race one will start from the order in which they finished E-Pole for the second encounter, which means di Meglio will line up at 1005am local time tomorrow from 17th position.
/// MIKE DI MEGLIO: DNF
“We will try and return stronger tomorrow”
“Today’s race was not what we expected at all. I was trying to make a strong first lap, but it was difficult with some aggressive fighting. I went into the final corner a little bit wide and when I braked I lost the front. It was my mistake and I am very sorry to the team. We will try and return stronger tomorrow and put up the same fight that I did here last weekend.”