Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS completes positive pre-season
Augusto Fernandez waved goodbye to the pre-season testing campaign with a positive race simulation and a personal best time on the third and final day in Qatar.
- After three days of intense testing, the Moto2 and Moto3 engines have stopped roaring at the Losail International Circuit. The Doha venue though will open its doors again in just four days to host the first Grand Prix of the 2020 season.
- Fine-tuning set-up and improving riding style were the targets of Fernandez’s team for the first two sessions of the day to be as best prepared as possible for a planned race simulation in the final stint.
- Fernandez completed a 21-lap race simulation and throughout he was able to set a consistent pace in the 2’00 bracket.
- Once the number 37 completed the long distance run he then fitted new rubber to carry out a time attack where he achieved his best time of the test with a 1’59.629.
- While unable to ride in the Qatar test while he recovers from a recent shoulder injury, Sam Lowes was present in Doha to support Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS and continue his intensive rehabilitation.
- Lowes will undergo a medical examination at the Losail International Circuit this Thursday to assess the viability of his participation in the first Grand Prix of the year.
/// AUGUSTO FERNÁNDEZ: 19th, 1’59.629, 52 laps
“We need to improve on the fast lap, but we’re not as far off as it might seem”
“The race simulation went well and I’m happy with the pace we set. We’re working hard and we’re not as far away as the timesheets suggest. We still need to improve on the fast lap, but in terms of pace, although we can still push a bit more, we are competitive. It has been a very intense pre-season and I want to thank the team for the great job they have done. Finally, we say goodbye to the pre-season and the moment of truth arrives. I am looking forward to giving my all in the races.”